Sunday, February 26, 2006



These are examples of my newest enthusiasm, miniature art. The one on top is a pen and ink/watercolor piece called "Spring Landscape", and is only 1.3x1.4 inches in size. The second one, pen and ink on Bristol paper, is titled "Exemplar" (what used to be called a sampler), and is 1.2x.6 inches in size.

I have no idea why I develop these small obsessions. I'm never happier, though, than when I've discovered something new to obsess over. I suppose it's a way to distract myself from the down and dirty, nitty gritty of my medical condition, etc. John told me today I was getting quite "artsy-fartsy"; I know he meant well, but sometimes I do wonder if it's all just pretense...perhaps it would be more honest if I just stuck my head under the pillow, refused to bathe, and wailed "woe is me" all day and night. But then again, I suppose you could do the same. We're all in the same boat, in this existence.

Back to do more art.

May

No comments: