Thursday, April 20, 2006

A BC Postcard has arrived!

A couple of months ago, I posted a request for mail art on a German site. My criteria were that the postcards must contain either artwork or poetry relating to Breast Cancer. Well, I finally got my first postcard!

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

If I'm reading the name right, this card is from Taka Noreiks in Leipzig, Germany. The name of the piece is "Mrs.", and the work is meant to portray the healthy side of the coin. I fooled with the image in photoshop, but I couldn't get it to register the incredible beauty of the blue-greens in this painting. I'll treasure it. Thank you, Taka, wherever you are!

It's drawn me, all evening. I've been trying the fix the terrible scan my machine took of it, without much luck, and I'm getting sleepier by the minute...drop a comment, won't you, if you're ambling by?


Time for bed.



No comments: