Thursday, May 11, 2006

I'M IT

Okay. I've been tagged.

That kind of thing makes me feel really old. Recently I was supposed to make some "bling bling" earrings for a swap. I had no idea what that meant. A friend's 35-ish daughter described her boss's son as a "metrosexual". At that point I was sure I was in the twilight zone.

I asked Lisa, the wonderful artist who "tagged" me, what it meant. She said she wasn't sure, but she thought I was supposed to answer the questions she just answered in her blog, and then tag five other people.

I'm not sure I know five people to tag, but here goes. First the questions.

Okay, first: five items in my refrigerator.

1. Fage Greek yogurt, which I highly recommend, especially if you don't like yogurt.
2. Benecol cholesterol-inhibiting margarine-like spread.
3. Real butter (which I put on the real food, such as popcorn).
4. Wilma's Italian soup. Want the recipe?
5. Ugh! What the hell is that?

Five items in my closet:

1. A lot of clothes that will never, ever fit me again.
2. A Scrabble game, for use if I should grow back a large number of brain cells.
3. A huge sheet of Arches 300 lb. cold-pressed paper (Luna, my girl kitty, eats paper, and I'd prefer she stick to the cheap stuff)
4. Awards I got when I retired from my job (I really should put those up; I do appreciate them)
5. Sheets that don't fit any of the beds in the house.

Five items in my Purse:

1. Rolaids
2. Xanax
3. 17 pens
4. A parking ticket that needs to be paid SOON
5. Old-fashioned, gen-you-wine handkerchiefs

Five items in my car:

1. Rocks (Portland brownstone, Manchester arkose, quartz from everywhere)
2. Chinese restaurant menus
3. Amazingly, my registration and insurance card
4. Sunflower seeds
5. Toothpicks

Five people I tag:

Now this is where it gets tricky. My friend Carrie is a good sport; she'll do it. By the way, she found out today she got into graduate school! She will be an awesome sarcastic teacher. Okay, that's one.

Do I have any friends, you wonder? Well, I mentioned Carrie...Lisa, who tagged me, has already taken all the artists who blog, and the other people I know who blog are a Connecticut herbalist and my childhood friend Pat's 20-year-old son, who probably would think I lost my mind if I tagged him...especially since he's never met me. I suppose I could just pick people I don't know...that might actually be fun. There is, for example, the fan site for Bollywood actress Aishwarya Rai, who did that bizarre movie based on the Jane Austen novel: http://bollywood-aishwarya-rai.blogspot.com/; a site called "Two Minutes for Hooking", which, contrary to what you might be thinking, is actually about crocheting: http://twoforhooking.blogspot.com/; sites which look like little boxes, unless you've downloaded the Swahili or Albanian language pack: http://shadowhawk81.blogspot.com/; young people's sites that start out with sentences such as "OH MY GOD! I HAVE LIKE, REALLY MARVELOUS NEWS!!!": http://camiaaa.blogspot.com/;
and the blogs created specifically to showcase really cute kids: http://collinthompson.blogspot.com/.

Hmm. I'll have to think about this. More later.

No comments: