Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Hot and bothered

This is my son, Adam, on a hot day in the desert. He seems to be withstanding the heat pretty well. I've titled this collage "Desert Journey".
.
I've done 14 of 20 radiation treatments to the sternum so far. I'm tired and a little cranky, and I'm getting quite a sunburn, but other than that it's been a piece of cake.

Did I say cranky? Perhaps surly is a better word, with a decided bias toward murderous. Don't worry, though, I'm good at keeping that sort of thing under wraps.

John and various friends have been going out of their way to give me rides to the cancer center. I feel guilty, since I know of course I "could" and therefore "should" do it myself and not bother others. Do you by any chance have a knife on you?

DNEC has hired a new executive director (hooray!!!) who will be starting January 22nd. If this radiation works and I'm in decent shape for a while, I want to get back to doing more art, and maybe write a book (she said casually). No, really. I'm thinking about purchasing the Dragon Naturally Speaking software and dictating some stuff. Perhaps someday an alien civilization will use it for their course in 21st century Earthen English. That's my specialty.

Well, I'm babbling boringly, which is something I swore I'd never do on this blog, so I'm going to stop now. I mostly just wanted to post the new collage. Enjoy that summery weather we're having.

No comments: