Saturday, October 06, 2007

SETTING UP A NEW BLOG!

. . .
Well...first Yahoo killed my mayterry @ sbcglobal.net address. I had to still sign in to the Google account that managed this blog with that address, however.

No problemo, right? (Somehow I have this feeling that that's not correct in Spanish. You get the idea, though...)

Yes. Problem. For a couple of weeks I use my old email address to sign in. Then this evening I try to sign in so I can post to this account, and I get this error message: "You have entered an email that does not exist". So I fooled around for about an hour and a half, and finally--somehow, I'm not sure how--got to my Blogger dashboard, whence one posts and makes other additions, deletions, and changes. I have the feeling that it's very iffy that I'll be able to access this blog for long.

I sent an email to Blogger support, and it was supposed to be copied to my new, functioning gmail address, which is msmayterry@gmail.com, and so far it hasn't shown up. So this blog may remain an archive for my past posts.

You'd think this would be a known bug, wouldn't you? But I couldn't find mention of it anywhere on Blogger's or Google's help pages, and I'm not going to waste another evening. So if by tomorrow I don't have a satisfactory answer to my question, I'll be working on a shiny new blog!

May
. . .

No comments: