Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Good news and just news

. . .
Illumination

I was thrilled and, quite honestly, rather astonished, to receive an email today telling me that all three of the pieces I entered in the Hygienic Art Gallery's second annual juried show had been accepted. I had some hopes of the one assemblage piece, but really didn't think the two digital collages would make it.


The show opens this Saturday, from 7:00 to 10:00 p.m. at the Gallery, which is on State Street in New London, Connecticut. I really am a little blown away. I hope I have the energy to be there for a while.

The energy part: I've been getting increasingly more tired, ever since the radiation to the sternum. I also have a vague sensation that feels like shortness of breath, and I'm wondering if, despite the 'intensity modulated' type of radiation that was used (to bring the intense uptake up closer to the surface of my chest, rather than underneath the sternum, where my heart is), I may have suffered some heart damage. I went to my shrink today, and told him I'm exhausted during the day even if I sleep at night, and that I'm tachycardic, with a resting pulse of 100-125. So he cut my antidepressant down to the pre-Stage IV level, and gave me some samples of Provigil to try. Hopefully that will help.

The picture in this post is of one of my Quan Yin statues. Quan Yin, "She who hears the cries of the world", is the Buddhist Bodhisattva of Compassion, and in the folk tradition, the Goddess of Mercy. I love her. The lights on the background are from my playing with the camera on the night of the recent eclipse of the moon.

I'm still having fun!
May
. . .

No comments: