Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Oh, Ned, dahling...

. . .
From my PET/CTscan report:
"No foci of abnormal FDG [the radioactive tracer] activity to indicate active malignancy".

My oldest brother, who is 17 years older than I am, left home shortly after I was born. One of the things I remember well about his visits home is that we would always do ouija. We never owned a board; we would arrange scrabble letters in a circle and each of us would put one or two fingers on an upside-down water glass, and wait, sometimes for quite a while, for it to move and spell something out.

One thing the board told me once was that I would marry someone named Ned. Nope...wait a minute...what do my breast cancer list friends call total remission? NED: No Evidence of Disease.

I married Ned!

May
. . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know what? I keep having this reccuring vision that one day, say 15 or 20 years from now, I get a phone call from you telling me to take a day off from my retirement so we can make a run down to Harkness for the afternoon. You think I'm kidding? Hah!!! The power of positive thinking always works for me. Say hi to NED for me!
Luv Ya!!!!!!!!!!!
"The Old Sheepherder"

May Terry said...

Thanks, guy. But why wait? :)