Thursday, March 30, 2006

Vet visit and another mini



I finished this little fella last night. This piece measures just under 1.5" x 1.5", and was done with watercolors along with sepia pen & ink. It's called Mr. Elf's Butterfly Kiss, and I put it up for sale on eBay. I'm fairly certain it won't sell, but doing the eBay thing keeps me off the streets. Actually, I have sold two things so far there.

Today was Luna kitty's visit to the vet. She had this lump on her belly that I thought at first was a tick. The lump had grown to the size of a large pea, or small marble.

The vet took one look at it and said the dark spot was actually a nipple. She wanted to know if Luna had been spayed later in life, and starting mumbling stuff about mammary tumors...I nearly died. Then she started squeezing the lump gently--not a peep out of Luna--and, as Dave Barry would say, I'm not making this up--this long thing started coming out of the nipple, first brown then white. She continued to squeeze while I stood there with my mouth open and John helped hold Luna, and this thing about an inch and three quarters came out of the nipple! "Oh, that's good, it's just a cyst", she said, while I tried not to cry.

Well, I guess Luna got her back...after her shots, the vet took her in the back to see if they could get some blood and a urine sample. The tech came back to the room and said they needed the carrier. "Is she like this at home?" they wanted to know. A few looks and comments got passed around. We took the carrier, went out the door, and I burst out laughing. Just so you know, we had warned them.

That was draining. I had this irrational sort of flash where I thought maybe I had somehow given her breast cancer. Naturally, since I'm guilty of every evil the cosmos has ever been host to.

But my little bitch Luna is going to be fine.

4 comments:

butshebites said...

oh I am so glad lunakitty is okay. i love your Elfin artwork!! maybe i should sell the birdhouses i have been painting too! is this a post bc thing, to obsessively paint, plant, color, mold, construct and beautify everything around us? I paint birdhouses before coffee.
all the best
alycia

May Terry said...

Yes...having some control, contributing something beautiful to our soiled lives. Proving I'm still alive.

Anonymous said...

I just came upon your blog looking for Happy Ostara images.... It's great! Do you turn your art into greeting cards, or anything like that? They would also make very cool MySpace comment pictures (is there a better name for those?) The images could be excellent "link bait" to draw people in to your site and get them to donate or buy through PayPal, right from your site. .... Ok, this may or may not be interesting to you, but I have some good ideas about how to monetize your art and your site. email me at heather-at-heathercate-dot-net if you're interested. I have a brief explanation of SEO at heathercate.net

On another note, you wondered about "giving" your cat the C word. Our pets love us so deeply and are so connected to us that they frequently try (on their own) to take some of our dis-eases. To ease our burden. Sometimes they are able to clear it out of their system, and sometimes not. It's their choice, though, and it is done in complete love. Sometimes the dis-ease they are displaying can alert us to a problem we aren't aware of, or have pushed to the back of our mind. Interpreting the message is much like interpreting a dream. Ask what it makes you think of. Do you need to squeeze something out, metaphysically speaking? Since you're pagan, I'll go in a direction here that others might not understand, but.... Are you familiar with spiritual intrusions? Do you need to have or do an extraction? Just some suggestions....

I have a holistic healing and coaching site at PeacockAndPaisley.com If you'd like to reach me, the above email works, or also heather-at-peacockandpaisley-dot-com

All the best, and I love your blog.
Happy Spring!!
Heather

May Terry said...

Hi Heather,

Thanks very much for your compliments on my site--makes me feel good!

I can't honestly say I'm interested in doing anything more than listing occasionally on eBay or myartprofile.com. I just finished radiation to the sternum and I expect to have my health engage much of my energy from now on. I am having fun with the art, though. I'm just sorry I waited until I was in my fifties to try it!

I know what you mean about our pets taking on our illness. Though it is their choice, I feel that it's my responsibility to let them know they don't have to, just as one would try to make sure one's children knew that. Fortunately, Luna's fine, which makes me very happy. I love her about as much as anything else on earth.

Thank you again for your comments, and Happy Ostara!

May