Monday, February 05, 2007

And on a more cheerful note...




I read at the Hygienic Art Gallery's poetry night on February 3rd. John had had atrial fibrillation every night for four or five nights, so he didn't feel up to going, but Carrie and Shawn came, and another colleague/friend, Susan Zimmerman, was also there. Carrie took a couple of photos of me; you can see one here.
. . .
. . .
. . .
. . .
. . .
. . .
. . .
. . .

And I'm finally remembering to post a picture of the collage I did for the show. It's called "Handle With Care". (The pic's a tiny bit blurry; it was dark in there!) In the picture of me reading, you can see a sampling of the wide variety (in type and quality) of art at this truly populist show. Carrie's has already been purchased. I don't know whether she's posted a pic to her blog, but you can get there from here; just click on "Carrie" under contributors on the left, which will bring you to her profile page, then click on "preciousblogger" to go to her blog.

And last, but not least, is a picture of our new kitty, Loki. He's very mischievous (which is why we named him Loki, after the Norse trickster god) and has very long legs. He's a sweetie.

So, life goes on. May it continue to do so.

3 comments:

butshebites said...

I had a kitty named Loki too!!! He had a pink nose leather shaped like a valentine. Sadly he was killed by a car (now I don't let them out). May your Loki live a long prosperous and mischievous life...Love, Alycia

butshebites said...

and oops I forgot.. I loooove your collage. Washers?

May Terry said...

Yup, they're washers. And mirrors, and watch parts, and...