Friday, February 09, 2007


HOORAY! I can access my blog again.

Blogger is switching everyone over to their new version, which involves their new contract with Google. So I finally decided to do it, then couldn't access it. Went back and forth with emails, then tried to sign in from John's computer. He uses Firefox, rather than IE. It worked. So I just downloaded Firefox, and I'm good to go.

It's amazing to me how much I missed being able to come here when I wanted. I've gone for a month without blogging, but the past few days I really wanted to be here, and wasn't able to. And just writing wouldn't do it; I needed to write here. Even if only six people have been here over the past year.

I am healing, finally. It was a full three weeks before I felt genuinely better. I'm still tired, but the burn is finally looking better. New skin is appearing under where the blisters are washing away. It itches horribly, but at least there's a light at the end of the tunnel.

I've been terribly depressed. I miss my kids. But they're probably never going to forgive me for being who I am, and I have no choice but to accept that. I'm trying to just keep going, working now 10-15 hours per week at DNEC. They want me to keep going for several months, maybe for one day per week, which is great with me. I get a little extra money, and my spenddown goes away. But mostly it keeps me from sticking my head under the pillow and leaving it there.

At the right is my latest tarot card, 'The Hermit'. It got a bid the first day I listed it, which was pretty exciting. I'm also working on a sort of folk art painting of a woman's face, which is really fun. In my next post, I'll put up pictures of a couple more digital collages I finished over the past couple of days.

Only 39 days until Spring.

May

No comments: