Friday, May 25, 2007

. . .
I found out yesterday, at my treatment, that two of my liver enzymes are elevated. One is the SGPT (also known as ALT or ALAT); according to my internet research, that can actually be caused by the chemo I'm on.


The other one, LDH, is caused by cell destruction. Maybe that's tumor cells (among other liver cells?) dying too? Either that, or I've had a myocardial infarction. Heh.

I have to go visit my guru soon, so this post will be short. I'll put up the latest digital collage I did, and one poem.

This is a 4x4 inch piece called 'Sydney'. The portrait is a vintage photo, and the rest is done with my photos.


The poem is one I wrote maybe seven or eight years ago.

Ken

Pale Ken
of the hollow eyes
has no life left
in his liver.

He is poised
back against the wall
of his world
without windows
waiting for the phone
to ring.

It will be
the Angel of Death
calling collect--

one last coy slap
to the hopeless face--

one
final
affectionate
arrow
from the quiver.
. . .

Not the best poem I ever wrote, but could probably be reworked.

Well, folks, moving's exhausting, especially when you're on chemo. Wish me luck.

Namaste,
May

. . .

No comments: