Wednesday, May 02, 2007

This sweet and merry month of May

. . .
The grass is green, the trees have buds, and I'm a happy camper.

John and I have done a bit of work outside (John much more than I, of course) to prepare for selling this place. I've decided it would be eminently fair for me to transplant some of my herbs and artemisias to Portland, and replace them with pretty flowers. My lungwort is in bloom and is gorgeous, and also cost me $12.00. I can take some of the sweet woodruff, lemon balm, chocolate mint and spearmint, all of which are spreading like crazy. Several of the artemisias are spreading as well. I'm definitely bringing my wormwood, since most people don't like it anyway. I'll plant some petunias, and the hummingbirds will come to welcome the new owners to the house.

I got a nice surprise Monday when this arrived in the mail:



Well over a year ago I posted on a mail art website that I'd love to receive postcards regarding breast cancer, and in return I'd post them on my blog. I received one in April of '06:

http://mayisripening.blogspot.com/2006/04/bc-postcard-has-arrived.html

To my great surprise, one year later, this one arrived. I think it's absolutely wonderful. Thank you, Danielle! I only hope you have no personal experience with breast cancer yourself.

I have my second Navelbine treatment tomorrow, which is John's birthday. What a great thing to do on your birthday, huh? Take your lover to chemo! But I have given him a model airplane, which is what he wanted, and I also have another surprise for him, which I'll photograph when he opens it, and post a picture here.

Those of you in the northern hemisphere: enjoy this beautiful month!

May
. . .

No comments: