Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Black and white blackback

I was fooling around with my photo of the Greater Blackback Gull, tonight, and tried it in black and white:



You can see it in color by clicking here. I think I like the black and white better.

John is buying me an early birthday present of an umpteen bazillion dollar camera, a really good lens, and a book on how to use the camera. We talk openly about how he will 'inherit' it when I die, so it's really for both of us, but really what it's all about is that he's just the sweetest man in the world. I can't wait to try it. It's the Canon Rebel XTI, which is what my brother Jim, who is a professional photographer, uses. The lens will give me image stabilization, because I shake so without it my pictures would all be blurry. I can still hardly believe it's happening.

Next time you read my blog--thanks, honey...

May

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahoy May! Light Houses, boats and gulls oh my! I Love the ocean! I have not walked on the beach in a long time. Have you taken pictures of the light house in stonington borough? The borough is a beautiful place to take pictures from the view off the point and the beach,or strolling down main street, to the fishing docks,sea captains and boats arriving with their haul as gulls await a snack. You can also pick up the catch of the day if you like. It has been such a long time since I've been there. I lived out that way for many years and It's where I would go to breath deep the salty air and clear my head while sitting among the rocks off the jetty on calm clear days. Ah those were the days of my youth gone by but oh the sweet memories forever remain. Brightest Blessings Angel

May Terry said...

No, I haven't...I'm going to have to try to get down there before the cold weather arrives. It's such a charming little place anyway. Thanks for reminding me of that lighthouse; after I get my new camera and lens I planned to try to get a picture of the Ledge Light, but I didn't even think about that one!

Blessings,
May