Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Bizzy

. . .
Here's a picture of my daughter Elizabeth. She got her nickname, Bizzy, because she was always busy, even before she could grasp with her hands--always intently watching everything around her. So we started calling her 'busy Beth', and the 'Bizzy' stuck, rather than the 'Beth'. She really likes it now. I think she looks beautiful in this picture.

She's holding Loki, who's the kitten she gave us. Loki is the trickster, the god of mischief in the Norse pantheon. He certainly did turn out to be mischievous. If we hear a crash at night, it's usually him.

I finished a digital piece last night, the first in a while. When the weather's this nice, I just want to take pictures! And I'm addicted to graveyards, as you may have noticed. New England just has so many cool ones.

Here's the piece, titled 'Spirit':


I'm not sure how well the colors show at this resolution; they're white, shades of black, and red. It's a manipulated fractal with a face drawn freehand in Photoshop.

Well, I hope you all had a good day. Namaste--

May
. . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi May, Nice to see your back on line and sounding so good. I'm sure you are relieved the move is over and your internet is back on. My internet has been giving me a hard time as of late. Weather maybe? I had a great time at the picnic too. I plan on attending tarot circle. Hope to see you there. Brightest Blessings Angel