Thursday, July 05, 2007

Just a quick stop-in to say...

...when it rains it pours.

As some of you know, we bought a house about six weeks ago. Tomorrow is the move.

The guys who helped with one load blew us off this time. So it'll be just my son Adam and a friend of his. John's wiped and I'm worse.

All during May and into June, I kept wondering why I was so sleepy; it didn't seem to be related to the new chemo. Well, turns out my blood glucose had decided to take a trip out of our solar system. Then, just as I start to feel a little better (but by no means able to do a normal amount of packing), Flash, my oldest cat, went into kidney failure. Our dog Obie was also doing worse and worse. To make a long story short, we had Obie put down last week, and Flash got worse so quickly we actually used one of the emergency vets on Wednesday (can't wait to see the bill for that one). (I'm popping in here on Friday the 13th to say that Angel's comment made me realize I hadn't made myself clear on this post, that we had to have Flash put down as well. I've been internet-less for eight days now!!!) This morning was chemo, and all day yesterday was...um...Montezuma's revenge. Fortunately the house isn't being shown right away.

Send me good vibes, or, better yet, lots of money. Talk to you when we get our DSL back.

May

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Hi May, I'm so sorry about the loss of your dog. How is your cat doing? I hope things are improving for you and yours. Sending much Love Light and healing energy. Wish I could send money If I had some I sure would. You are in my thoughts and Prayers.
Brightest Blessings Angel

May Terry said...

Oooo, I guess I didn't make myself very clear, did I? I meant to say we had to have Flash put down as well. I'll go back to that post and fix it.

The DSL for our new house was supposed to be connected on July 3rd. We just got it this afternoon. Aaarrrrggghhhhh!!!!!